Re: [hylafax-users] Faxgetty gets stuck after receiving a fax

Martin Vincenc wrote:

Hi everyone,

few days ago upgraded to newest Hylafax package -
hylafax-4.4.1-1rhel4, as recommended.

Still getting stucks.

I attach log generated with newest HF version + modem config file.

We got on another server USR 56K* V.92 Message Modem (RS232), which
got exactly same config as these Business USRs, with no stucks. Works
like a charm, and is 5x cheaper.

So your USR USB modems are getting wedged but not the USR serial modems... and the USB modems will "unwedge" merely by restarting faxgetty. Correct?

You may want to try out HylaFAX+. The modem reset procedure in potential-wedged conditions is slightly different, and it may keep the modems from getting wedged.