[hylafax-users] SambaFax under Debian

Hello Mailinglist,

I am looking for an documentation about installing the SambaFax printer under Debian with Samba and Cups supported. It seems that the URL http://www.purpel3.nl/sambafax/ is not longer online and all my tries and tests to bring SambaFax online failed. If I try to connect the printer under Windows XP (\\faxserver\SambaFax) I get the Message "Connection refused".
If I do connect the printer with the cups URL (e.g. http://faxserver:631/printers/SambaFax) and an Apple PS driver it works. But whenI try to send a fax job with the right tag that is used for faxing with SambaFax (Fax-Nr : ddd-ddddddd), I get an failure notice via E-Mail:
The faxnumber is not recognized in your fax of
Tue Sep 11 11:37:42 CEST 2007

The faxnumber is recognised via this text:
  Fax-Nr : ddd-ddddddd
No spaces or characters are allowed between the digits, just a -

Please correct and retry

Like I've said, my Document had the right tag.
The driver used for the Printer is Apple LaserWriter 12/640 PS.
My Samba Config looks like this:
<snip>
# Printers (SambaFax)
load printers = yes
printcap name = cups
printing = cups
use client driver = yes
#print command = lp -d%p -oraw %s; rm %s
#lpq command = lpstat -o%p
#lprm command = cancel %p-%j
#queuepause command = disable %p
#queueresume command = enable %p
(...)
[printers]
  comment = All Printers
  path = /var/spool/cups
  print command = /usr/lib/cups/backend/sambafax
  printer = SambaFax
  browseable = yes
  public = yes
  printable = yes
  guest ok = yes
  writeable = yes
  printable = yes
  write list = @ntusers
  read list = @ntusers
  printer admin = @ntadmins
</snap>

Maybe someone of the Mailinglist can give me some help in this case ?

Kind Regards
Dominik Bethke

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions