Re: [hylafax-users] Simulated receipt of FAX for testing purpose?

John Hudak wrote:

A quick review of the almost non-existent documentation (their webpage at SourceForge does not appear to be there...) informs me that t38modem is a virtual modem...OK, kewl...So I install this, make two modems, associate them with COM 2 and COM4, associate COM2 with the modem that hylafax expects to see, physically connect COM2 and COM4 with a null modem cable, bring up hyperterm and associate it with COM4. Now, I can play the AT command game and send characters and signals from the sending program (hypertem) to the receiving program (the t38 modem associated with COM2 which hylafax also recognizes as /dev/ttyx0. So far, is this the right idea?

Uh... what?

You get two instances of t38modem running. One talks to the other (which I believe is the standard, default setup). You run both in HylaFAX and send faxes between them.

Documentation will be in the tarball or here:

http://t38modem.sourceforge.net/

There is a "new" version of t38modem that was developed against OPAL instead of OpenH323 (or, rather, moved with OpenH323 to OPAL).

cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/openh323 co ptlib_unix
cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/openh323 co opal
cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/openh323 co t38modem