Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax different recipient

Miguel A Felipe Rodríguez wrote:

OK, Im not familiar with fax terminology, but if you think in a fax like a email, the TO is the number and the SUBJECT is the person you want to deliver it.
I have being googleing and discover this software, Replix NT, that support that feature. http://www.softlinx.com/products/replixfax_domino.php
Is for the Lotus Domino, and I was wondering how to do this with hylafax.
The only think (I think) is to preprocess the "SUBJECT" header and then email it to the ldap (or something else like a DB) returned address.

I say you that this is possible, in the company I work for, you can fax me with the general number and using my complete name (name+lastname) of course there should be errors with duplicated names, but minimal.

In a fax these are the pieces of information that you may have to use for dispatching...

1.  number dialed (either by DID or by device used)
2.  Caller*ID (number, possibly name of the *sender*)
3.  TSI - sender's T.30 identification
4.  subaddress, password
5.  the image data itself (OCR)

In your case #1 is not deterministic (all recipients have the same number). #2 and #3 identify the sender, not the receiver, so they're not a factor here. #4 is extremely rare, and it's highly unlikely to be what you're considering. That only leaves us with OCR, which user experience seems to indicate is less than reliable (and you seem to be indicating something reliable).

Looking at the ReplixFax specs that you provided you'll see:

# Optical Character Recognition (OCR)*

*Through third party OCR package running on Windows 2000, NT and 2003 servers

So that must be what you're seeing... I can't imagine it being anything else. You can use gOCR with HylaFAX and route based on whatever data you can pull out of the OCR process.