Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax different recipient

Lee Howard wrote:
Miguel A Felipe Rodríguez wrote:

Lee Howard wrote:

Miguel A Felipe Rodríguez wrote:

Hi,

is there a way to send a fax directly to a recipient using only one fax number and send it through email to the correct address?

I say, send a fax to /user1/ to the number /xxxxxxxxx/
then hylafax process it and send it by email to user1@xxxxxxxxxx
Then send another fax to the same number xxxxxxxx but to a different person
then hylafax sent it by email to user2@xxxxxxxxxxx

How is HylaFAX supposed to be able to tell when a fax is sent to user1 or user2?

Lee.

I tell you how it works in the company I work for:

you have a local fax number (spain right now) and you fax to that number using as recipient the firstname and second name of the person you want to get the fax.

I don't understand what this means, "fax to that number using as recipient the firstname and second name of the person". How do you fax to a number and a name?

Thanks,

Lee.

OK, Im not familiar with fax terminology, but if you think in a fax like a email, the TO is the number and the SUBJECT is the person you want to deliver it.
I have being googleing and discover this software, Replix NT, that support that feature. http://www.softlinx.com/products/replixfax_domino.php
Is for the Lotus Domino, and I was wondering how to do this with hylafax.
The only think (I think) is to preprocess the "SUBJECT" header and then email it to the ldap (or something else like a DB) returned address.

I say you that this is possible, in the company I work for, you can fax me with the general number and using my complete name (name+lastname) of course there should be errors with duplicated names, but minimal.

PD: Sorry about my English, sometimes I dont get the correct word for expressing myself.