[hylafax-users] New way of using Eicom diva boards for fax reception

I've saw that the Mainpine people were saying a few negative things
about the Eicon Diva server in earlier posts by suggesting to list
readers not to buy these boards in contary to what the "official"
hylafax howto says.
I thought some lateral thinking wouldn't go astray before telling
people to write off their investments :)

Whilst setting up my Asterisk IP PABX I came across this little patch
that may be of interest to Eicon Diva Servers. I don't know how widely
accepted this patch is so I thought I'd post it anyway.

http://www.asteriskbrasil.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+e+Fax

It allows asterisk to answer and receive incoming faxes. In the
dialplan or through inotify you could create a new faxrecvd to handle
fax reception. This uses CAPI instead of an AT hayes style interface
normally used by hylafax.

The Eicon Diva boards handle the fax reception in Firmware so even
though the patch is small one would assume it will be just as reliable
as anything else. Comments from users of Eicon Diva users welcome...

Cheers,

Luke