[hylafax-users] OT: trolls, was: Problem with AVM card

Luke McKee wrote:

Remember that some commercial people troll the mailing lists
for on a daily basis looking for leads :)

Although I love HylaFAX and blindly sometimes think that everyone should use it the reality is that we represent a very small, very insignificant slice of the worldwide fax server distribution. I'm sure that those who are here commercially would also like to generate sales from their participation, however, if that were their primary objective here then they would be wasting their time - we all know that - your own reaction is a perfect example of this.

I truly respect all of the commercial entities that participate on these lists. They add to the value of this community. They give our otherwise insignificant community a real voice. I do not believe that they are here to abuse our forums. They are here, I believe, for a higher purpose than simply generating sales. I don't think that constantly harassing them about what you may assume their interests are is truly productive.