Re: [hylafax-users] Multifunction Fax with Seamless Transparent fax gateway capability?

Rob Townley wrote:

On our MFP machines, you need to enter an email address on the
touchpad each time which is of course way more complex than entering a
numeric telephone #.  There is no option for a preprogrammed email
address.

Anything other than actually hitting the Fax Send button would confuse
them and they would not use it.  Our users just wouldn't understand.
It really needs to be transparent to the end user.

I have some customers where I've set up fax machines as HylaFAX send clients. It's exactly the same machine that the users are familiar with already, and there is no confusion... dial number, press "Send". I even print/fax back error reports if they happen.

Basically the fax machine communicates through the HylaFAX server as a transparent proxy. HylaFAX receives the fax, recognizing the dialed number, and then does whatever routing it needs (i.e. to get it to a "local" fax server or one with actual PSTN connectivity), where that HylaFAX server then sends the fax out.

Of course, I have an RJ-11 cable plugged into the fax machine. You indicated that you didn't want to that, though.

Otherwise, it sounds like you're looking for a T.38-capable fax machine - or one that is truly T.37-capable. Interfacing T.37 with HylaFAX would be extremely simple.