Re: [hylafax-users] v.34 33k6 fax speed modems?

By some interesting coincidence I spotted your site about half an hour ago and
had a look. The problem is that you're after $499 USD for a 4 port card.

I only need 1 or 2 ports, and I'd prefer an external serial modem. Either way
I won't spend USD 499. I'm realistic that we're not talking a $20 PCI
el-cheapo card here, but $499 USD (aprox $674 NZD) is too much of a jump.

I agree with you about the need for v.34 when sending bulk faxes. I'd say
most, if not all the machines sold today are v.34 capable and yet for some
bizzare reason the only modems I've found that are (excl yours) are a few
models of Multi Tech.

At v.17 it takes me circa 3 minutes to send 2 pages of mostly text. I want to
speed this up.

I found a company on the web offering the suitable Multi Tech for USD $142.66.
The problem here is they want a $50 receipt of wire transfer fee. They must
be joking. It costs $15 NZD (Around $11 USD) to receive a wire here and I
don't think I've seen anyone justify more then $25 USD yet. If anyone on list
wants to send me relevant **one - off ** commercial offers, be my guest :-)

I await your contribution on any products you have that may suit - and - any
other's contributions on what (prefer external serial port) modems that have
had Super G3 success with.

> Mainpine has been selling V.34 fax cards for the last 7 or 8 years.  V.34
> is based on a number of ITU-T standards and is widely deployed.  Last year
> we had a high volume fax broadcast customer report that something like 40%
> of the fax machines in the US were V.34 capable.
>
> You might like to read the following information;
>
> http://www.mainpine.com/whyv34.php
>
> http://www.mainpine.com/whattypeofboard.php
>
> http://www.mainpine.com/products_rockforce.php
>
> Regards,
>
> ANDREW RINALDI
> Mainpine Limited - Support
> USA +1 503 822 9944 | Asia/Europe +44 1225 869439
> andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com

Michael Hallager
net trust ltd
www.networkstuff.co.nz p.09 839-1000