Re: [hylafax-users] T.30 T2 timeout, expected page not received

On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 11:05 -0700, Lee Howard wrote:
> It takes the right equipment.  It was just wishful thinking on my part.  :-)
Tomorrow I'll try to ask some workmate if they are able to to something like this
> If you were using Caller*ID then you could use DynamicConfig to,
> perhaps, alter your DIS presentation in a way to this specific sender
> that would avoid the matter.
I dont't think this will be easy (I already tried to ask them to
configure the TSI but they don't know how...) anyway I'll try to see if
I can enable on my line.
> Well, in my opinion that would be a mistake, but you should do whatever
> is in your best interests.  As for my recommendation, I would suggest to
> ask the sender to use V.17 when sending to you.  If they cannot, then I
> would recommend that you look for a firmware fix from the modem
> manufacturer for the Agere problem or that you hold out for a workaround
> to appear in HylaFAX+.
I'd really hate to go back to zetafax as I've spent 2 years convincing
them to move to hyla (I already had 2 lines with hyla), and I'll try to
do everything I can to have it working.
I don't think it would be so easy to have a fix on the firmare (I'm
running the latest from multitech), do you think it would be difficult
to implement it on hyla+?
Is there any way I can force my modem to use V.17?

best regards

Andrea