Re: [hylafax-users] T.30 T2 timeout, expected page not received

On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 10:18 -0700, Lee Howard wrote:

> There is a long-standing issue with the Lucent/Agere chipset that causes
> the subsequent AT+FRH=3, CONNECT, NO CARRIER problem: AT+FRH=3 will
> report CONNECT during V.29, V.17, or V.27ter modulation when it really
> shouldn't - it should only report CONNECT when hearing V.21 HDLC.
> However, knowing this, and then observing the timeout following AT+FRS=7
> we can plainly see that there really was some kind of audio going on at
> that time.
Is there any way of increasing this timeout?

> An audio recording of the call would be very helpful to confirm these
> suspicions... although it probably wouldn't help us solve any problem.
Uhm, I have absolutely no idea on how to record the call! :-) but if you
tell me how to do this I'll try.
> There may be some kind of audio disturbance from your PBX or your
> telephone company or the lines involved that is corrupting the V.29
> audio enough to make the modem not be able to detect it.  If not that,
> then the modem erred in not detecting it, and that - compounded by the
> AT+FRH=3 problem, makes the session fail.
>
> Can you get a corresponding session log from the sender?
Dear Lee,
many thanks for your reply.
I'm unable to get the session log from the sender, I've already asked to
them but they say that their fax server is old, and that there's no way
to have the session logs.
The problem is that I'm experiencing problem only with them (I receive
100 faxes a day and send about 60)and they don't have any problem with
any other client.
If of any help, they told me that the limit the speed to the fixed speed
of 9600 (for maximum compatibility :-| )

I really hope that there is a way of fixing this as the only other
solution is to switch this line back to zetafax :-(

Anyway I tried to switch the flow to xonxoff, we'll see (should anything
change if I switch to class 2/2.1?)

best regards

Andrea Soster