Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax+ 5.1.1 with pam_winbind Debian

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 14:04 -0400, Darren Nickerson wrote:
> "Rick Romero" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Rick, have you tried this with HylaFAX? The pam code was refactored for
> 4.3.3 ... I'd be curious to know the result if you had time to test.

I started with the Debian 4.xx package with no luck - but I'm not sure
of the specifics any longer.  I'll go back and give it a shot.

Ok.   I did an apt-get install hylafax-server hylafax-client and got
4.3.3

Still no dice, but IMHO a much less serious error:

Apr  9 13:15:55 localhost HylaFAX[2697]: PAM checking user "ricktest"
pass "(null)" from "172.16.1.82"
Apr  9 13:15:55 localhost hfaxd[2697]: pam_authenticate failed in
pamCheck with 0x13: Conversation error
Apr  9 13:15:59 localhost HylaFAX[2697]: PAM checking user "ricktest"
pass "test123!" from "172.16.1.82"
Apr  9 13:16:01 localhost hfaxd[2697]: pam_authenticate failed in
pamCheck with 0x7: Authentication failure

I'm using JHylafax to test my authentication.  Local users work, but I
get the above errors for a Windows user.

I did a net ads testjoin, and that shows ok. I can do a wbinfo -u and a
wbinfo -g and get good data..

It's so close ;)

hmm.  I also have a  :

[2007/04/09 13:42:07, 1]
nsswitch/winbindd_group.c:winbindd_getgrnam(259) group 10 in domain
TESTDOMAIN does not exist

I didn't do anything else from the samba point at that time.  Is that
something from Hylafax - or something else?   (I also have a 'no
samba-bugs group' error as well)

There are no group requirements for Hylafax, are there?

Rick