Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax + Asterisk (cdr - xferfaxlog) billing connection

Adam Michalczyk wrote:

Hello.
We are now trying to set up a faxing engine with Hylafax -->IAXModem --> Asterisk --> 4 E1. It's quite a big task for us.
1. Had anybody solved the problem of linking certain xferfax records to certain cdr records in asterisk?

This is the purpose behind the ModemSetOriginCmd found in HylaFAX+ and the associated support in IAXmodem.

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/docs/hylafax-differences.php#mailscripts

2. Also we are interested, which 4xE1 card would You suggest. Should we pay more fo a Sangoma card or a cheaper zapata telephony tormenta tdm400 will be enough for us?

The correct answer to this question would really require someone to examine your situation and environment more carefully.