Re: [hylafax-users] should I worry about DIS/DTC received 3 times; DCS not recognized

francesco messineo wrote:

I see on logs
the following error: DIS/DTC received 3 times; DCS not recognized,
about twice each 50 fax sent.

The message basically means that as we're negotiating our fax to be sent to the receiver that the receiver does not seem to be accepting (or hearing) our selection of the receiver's capabilities to be used. If it is reproducible then it generally means that you have bad phone lines (the receiver can't hear you) or there is some bug in HylaFAX Class 1 driver.

Should I worry about it?

If it is reproducible. If it fails like that every time to certain receivers then it probably means a bug. If it fails like that sometimes, but not always, to many different receivers, then it probably indicates poor phone lines.

There's something I can change in the config?

If it's a bug there may be some workaround, but probably not.

I also noticed that the faxaddmodem script gave the following default
on the config.ttyXX files:
ModemSetupDTRCmd: AT&D2
Reading the manual, it seems to me that &D3 is the correct setting to
reset the modem after a drop of DTR signal. Both setting though seems
to work fine in my setup. Again, I'd like hints from the experienced
users.

Follow what your modem manual says, although I doubt that either of them would cause you a problem.