Re: [hylafax-users] Cannot send faxes using Duxbury/IP586x modem

Lee Howard wrote:

> Frank Millman wrote:
>
> >I have installed Hylafax 4.3.1 on Fedora Core 6. I am trying to get
> >working a Duxbury 56k fax/modem, which uses the IC Ace
> IP586x 56K V.90 chip.

[snip]

> So at this point I'd like to either see the receiver log here or the
> Microsoft Fax log when it sends to HylaFAX.

Many thanks for the reply, Lee.

Unfortunately I have not figured out how to get this level of log from
Microsoft Fax. If anyone reading this knows, and can give me the
instructions, I will gladly try them out. I have found a section of the
registry with various fax settings, but I have found no information
whatsoever about what they mean and what are valid values, so I am reluctant
to change things at random.

I have spoken to the distributor of the modem. They could not assist with
Microsoft logging, but they do have some hardware device that shows the
traffic on the serial port, so I have made an arrangement to go and see them
tomorrow and try to get the information we are looking for. I will report
back in a couple of days with any results.

It would be nice to get to the bottom of this, so I will persevere.

Thanks

Frank

PS I sent a correction to my first message, but it did not appear in the
archive, so it may have got lost. The model number of the chip is IP568x,
not IP586x. Sorry about that.