Re: [hylafax-users] Error after update to hylafax-4.3.0

Willy Offermans wrote:

I did work before. For a period of two years I have had this setup
without any problems. And indeed one has to carefully check the
RingsBeforeAnswer setting. It is set to 2 for HylaFAX and 5 for the HP
fax machine. This means that the faxgetty process is always faster than
the HP machine in getting the fax. At the moment the faxgetty process
only seems to listen to the line, because I see something like "listen
to phone rings" or something similar, but does not pick up the phone.
Indeed after 5 rings the HP machine takes it over.

Please set ServerTracing in your modem config file to 0xFFF, restart faxgetty and repeat the call. Then send me the FaxGetty entries from your server syslog (/var/log/messages, maybe).