From: hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hylafax-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Willy Offermans
Sent: 16 February 2007 06:24
To: Lee Howard
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Error after update to hylafax-4.3.0

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 11:53:03AM -0800, Lee Howard wrote:
> Willy Offermans wrote:
>
> >Thank you to point out that the __HP__ fax machine did receive the page.
> >had overlooked that. That means that the faxgetty process is not
> >answering the phone call at all. The HP fax machine, which is connected
> >in serial, is picking up the faxes instead.
> >

> Why do you think that HylaFAX would get the fax when it's connected in
> serial with the HP?
>
> You'll need to pay attention to the RingsBeforeAnswer setting in the
> HylaFAX modem config files as well as how many rings the HP is
> programmed to answer on.
>
> Lee.

Hello Lee,

I did work before. For a period of two years I have had this setup
without any problems. And indeed one has to carefully check the
RingsBeforeAnswer setting. It is set to 2 for HylaFAX and 5 for the HP
fax machine. This means that the faxgetty process is always faster than
the HP machine in getting the fax. At the moment the faxgetty process
only seems to listen to the line, because I see something like "listen
to phone rings" or something similar, but does not pick up the phone.
Indeed after 5 rings the HP machine takes it over.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Willy