[hylafax-users] [Re: Client for windows support superfine mode]

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 09:59:16AM -0800, Lee Howard wrote:
> Michael Stowe wrote:
>
> >There's a superfine quality mode?
> >

> Yes.  Superfine is R8 x 15.4 l/mm (roughly 200 x 400 dpi).  There is
> also "ultrafine" and "hyperfine".  We assign the name "ultrafine" to 300
> x 300 dpi and "hyperfine" to R16 x 15.4 l/mm (roughly 400 x 400 dpi).
>
> >At any rate, I assume this is mostly a question of getting the JPARM VRES
> >and possibly HRES settings set properly.  I don't mind adding this to
> >winprint, but I'm unclear on what you mean by superfine (I don't believe
> >it's standard) -- and I'm not sure what the fallback position is...
> >

> These extended resolutions are a part of the fax standard, yes.  The
> only required resolution support is "Normal" (R8 x 3.5 l/mm, ~200 x 100
> dpi).
>
> I would need to go back and look at things, but basically use:
>
>  JPARM USEXVRES TRUE
>
> And that should then tell the server that it should use the highest
> resolution that the receiver is known to support (per the info file).
>
> Lee.

I'm sorry if this e-mail will be double posted, but I made a mistake by
not making a cc to the list.

Hello People,

I'm also interested to increase the resolution of the faxes to be sent.
We are using winprint hylaFAX to sent the faxes. As far as I have
investigated winprint hylaFAX, there is no possibility for setting the
resolution. So I guess I have to set this on the server side. But where
exactly do I need to set ``JPARM USEXVRES TRUE'' or is this for
development of clients only?

So far I have played with setting VRES: 196 in hyla.conf file, but this
setting did not increase the resolution of my outgoing faxes.
Summarized: Where in the chain winprint hylaFAX -- hylaFAX server can I
ensure to have the highest resolution possible?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Willy