Re: [hylafax-users] [Re: Client for windows support superfine mode]

Willy Offermans wrote:

I'm also interested to increase the resolution of the faxes to be sent.
We are using winprint hylaFAX to sent the faxes. As far as I have
investigated winprint hylaFAX, there is no possibility for setting the
resolution. So I guess I have to set this on the server side. But where
exactly do I need to set ``JPARM USEXVRES TRUE'' or is this for
development of clients only?

So far I have played with setting VRES: 196 in hyla.conf file, but this
setting did not increase the resolution of my outgoing faxes.
Summarized: Where in the chain winprint hylaFAX -- hylaFAX server can I
ensure to have the highest resolution possible?

In Class 1/1.0 HylaFAX is able to send and receive faxes in all resolutions supported by nearly all fax machines.

If you're unhappy with the resolution used in sending then you're probably using Normal resolution instead of Fine. Your HylaFAX client program (Winprint HylaFAX in this case) will have to be configured or modified to do this.

hyla.conf is for sendfax and faxmail and whatever other client programs utilize it - but doubtfully Winprint is one of them.