Re: [hylafax-users] Using a serial modem through a converter from ethernet to serial

Hi Davide,

>> So, DCD is needed, for properly handling the fax to serial protocol?

DCD is part of the interface between the DTE (PC/Terminal) and DCE (modem).
Many applications use it to indicate when a connection between two modems
has been terminated.  I suspect that the behaviour of HylaFAX is
configurable in this area but I don't know (I'm sure someone from the list
will comment on this).  The behaviour of your modem may be configurable
(lookup AT&C commands in your modems AT manual).

>> If you can suggest a multiport fax card that is supported by VMWARE ESX
let me know...

Your customer is missing the point.... HylaFAX is undertaking much of the
low level timing and when you virtualised the interface to the fax modem
then NO fax card can be guaranteed to work.  It's possible to get virtual
systems to work some of the time.... But these systems do not meet any
reasonable level of reliability... If spending money is more important than
sending/receiving fax's then I will happily take their money (without any
guarantee that what you purchase is fit for use as a fax card !).

Regards

ANDREW RINALDI
Mainpine Limited Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | Asia/Europe +44 1225 869439
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com