Re: [hylafax-users] Fax confirmation: Umlauts (ä) broken

Max Mothwurf wrote:

Can you maybe point me to the point where the message is generated? If it is a script one could add a line to log the subject.

The sent-mail notification is done by the /var/spool/hylafax/bin/notify shell script. This was completely reworked in 4.3.1 for the purpose of the mail templating, and my initial response is to assume that any differences between the 4.3.1 behavior and the traditional behavior which is found in HylaFAX+ 5.0.4 is due to the rewrite.

But as I have not spent any noteworthy amount of time working with 4.3.1 I cannot say, exactly, where to look to debug.

I would tend to think that the easiest test to perform would be to downgrade to 4.3.0 and see if the problem goes away, and if it does then you know that the 4.3.1 templating rewrite is the culprit - and at that point you can do whatever debugging is necessary to assist in the fix to 4.3.1. Personally, I prefer the traditional approach found in 4.3.0 and earlier versions and all HylaFAX+ versions, as well. Doing the same debugging in the traditional work would be much easier to perform, I expect, as the scripting is very obvious as to what it's doing.