Re: [hylafax-users] Fax confirmation: Umlauts broken

Hi Lee,

Lee Howard schrieb:
However, encoding the Subject header should not be necessary in most ISO-8859-1 cases. The mail reader whose default character set is ISO-8859-1 should be able to display 8-bit German umlauted characters just fine without being RFC 2047-encoded.

Especially regarding the internationalization (in HylaFAX+) i would suggest using UTF-8 in the future development.
Setting an E-Mail Header like
shouldn't be a big problem.
The notification messages should be in UTF-8 too.
As we use UTF-8 in the messages, the E-Mail subject
needs to be UTF-8 encoded too.

This way we shouldn't have future problems, if some chars
are not available in the ISO-8859-1 charset.
(for the subject and the message itself)

... but only my 2 (euro)cents

Torsten