Re: [hylafax-users] Modem problems... running faxmodem solves it, why?

Mark L. Wise wrote:

I am running hylafax V4.3.0 on a Fedora Core 4 box.

Periodically, outbound faxes will remain in the queue showing multiple retries until I run the command;

faxmodem /dev/ttyS0

then the faxes begin going out again.

Another user recently reported this same problem. You can avoid the problem by running faxgetty instead of faxmodem.

As for resolving why faxmodem is needing to be re-run... are you restarting faxq at all? faxmodem will need to be re-run every time you restart faxq.

If you're not restarting faxq, then you'd want to bump the ServerTracing in your etc/config file to 0xFFF, restart faxq (and run faxmodem), and when it gives you trouble next then grep out the FaxQueuer log entries from your syslog and send them here. They may give us a clue.

Thanks,