[hylafax-users] Modem problems... running faxmodem solves it, why?

Hello all!

I am running hylafax V4.3.0 on a Fedora Core 4 box.

Periodically, outbound faxes will remain in the queue showing multiple retries until I run the command;

faxmodem /dev/ttyS0

then the faxes begin going out again. This might happen approx. once a week. Otherwise, the system runs well.

Any ideas of what I might do to eliminate this problem? (I have thought about creating a cron job to issue the faxmodem command periodically).

Thanks in advance for any help you might give.

Mark

--
Mark L. Wise

Alpha II Service, Inc.