Re: [hylafax-users] Confusion about ECM and Multitech

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 11:42:10 -0800
Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As far as getting the fax through, though, the 4.3.1 bug is essentially
> cosmetic in the logs; the fax *is* getting through.  However, the bug is
> causing it to send with MH image compression instead of MMR,

I was wondering about this myself.  Logs from previous HylaFax
versions would usually show a conversion to MMR (2-D) if the receiver
had that capability.  But with the several faxes I sent today using
a new install of 4.3.1 all were transmitted as MH (1-D) and all
receivers indicated MMR.

> and so your
> toll costs will probably increase slightly as it will need to transmit
> more data.  I don't know how important that is to you.  If it is
> important, then I would suggest upgrading to 5.0.3... and well, I'd
> normally suggest upgrading anyway.

Within a few days I'll install 5.0.3.

Andrew Kalten