Re: [hylafax-users] 4.3.1 FaxDispatch

"Michele Petrazzo" <michele.petrazzo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Peter Velan wrote:
Helo,

my FaxDispatch file looks like:

FILETYPE=pdf; SENDTO=localpart@xxxxxxxx;

This worked very well in hylafax 4.3.0. After upgrading to 4.3.1 the email notifications are still comming in, but the pdf attachment ist empty

Yesterday, after update to debian unstable (that has the 4.3.1 hylafax version) I lost 5 hours for this problem!! I think it's an uuencode problem, because if you try to execute the script bin/notify XXX XXX or the bin/faxrcvd, you receive a uuencode problem. I solve the problem by installing the 4.3.0 scripts (both).

Michele,

Very sorry for your lost time! We've managed to track that down, with Peter's help, to what we believe is a bug in the Debian 4.3.1 package. It configures HylaFAX with a hardcoded value of BASE64ENCODE as follows:

--with-BASE64ENCODE=/usr/bin/uuencode

which is invalid. If you edit your setup.cache file in /var/spool/hylafax/etc and change

BASE64ENCODE='/usr/bin/uuencode'

BASE64ENCODE='/usr/bin/uuencode -m ===='

the new 4.3.1 scripts should correctly attach the PDF for you. Peter has confirmed this fixes the problem on his server, and we've upstreamed this to Guiseppe (debian maintainer) already.

-Darren