[hylafax-users] HylaFAX Virtual Server/Modem Question

Hello,

Several months ago we were trying to consolidate our servers into one using VMware's Server virtualization technology. All of our servers made the transition really well including HylaFAX during the testing we did. However, when I set up the new server for production use HylaFAX started to have problems. Anytime we tried to send out a fax from HylaFAX using our MultiTech external serial modem, the connection would be made but the modems had troubles trying to talk to each other and eventually one of them who break the connection.

So I figured that the serial port on the new server isn't really up to the task of handling a virtual HylaFAX. My question is, can someone maybe recommend a good USB modem to use instead? We use an external USB hard drive to backup key data from one of the virtual servers and it has never failed us so I was hoping that maybe using an external USB modem would do the trick for HylaFAX. I did a search of the mailing list archive but I didn't really find any recommendations for USB modems.

Thank you.

--
Richard Morris HDD Broker, Inc. Toll-Free: +1 866 960-3331 International: +1 250 474-6022 Fax: +1 250 474-6099 E-Mail: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Web Site: www.hddbroker.com