Re: [hylafax-users] Symlinked sendq and doneq

On Thursday 06 July 2006 08:40 am, Dan Brummer wrote:
> Hello,
> Does anyone know if it's possible to have a symbolically
> linked sendq and doneq?  I have tried and I get the following
> error when trying to send faxes:
>
> 503 Unable to open sequence number file sendq/seqf; No such
> file or directory..
>
> Any ideas on what I can try?  My scenario is as follows:  I
> have a NFS mount on a NAS that I'm using for a shared
> sendq/doneq.  I've tried mounting the nfs mount to the sendq
> and doneq and I get cross-linking issues whenever HylaFAX
> tries to rename the file from the sendq to the doneq.

Dan,

I mount the entire spool directory (for me
"/var/opt/hylafax/spool").  Actually, I mount /var/opt/hylafax
and my /var/opt/hylafax has
 - bin/:  hfaxd, faxq and the client apps
-  etc/: hyla.conf, hfaxd.conf and others
-  lib/:   .so files
-  man/:  man files
-  spool/ and the files under spool/

Also I link /opt/hylafax to /var/opt/hylafax.

Like you I didn't have any luck separately mounting spool
subdirs.

Dave