[hylafax-users] Mailing list configuration (was: Hylafax and old fax machines...)

Am 29.06.2006 21:14:18 schrieb(en) Aidan Van Dyk:

Note that if you want to have an exchange with somebody, it's usually
better to send the e-mail directly to them as well coping the everyone else, so they actually get it right way instead of only the next time they process their volumnes of list-mail...

Hello Aidan,

this depends on the MUA configuration and the user's personal opinion.
If you answer my message with "reply to all" you would send two messages wich will both get filtered by my MUA and moved to my "hylafax" mail folder. So this only leads to duplicate messages.
Even if someone relplies to my e-mail address only it will probably go in the folder I specified for this mailing list.

+1 on leaving the list configured the way it currently is...

I agree that I would not want a Reply-To header with the mailing list address, but I suggest to add some headers according to RFC 2919 and RFC 2369 like this:

(Other List-* headers may be useful as well)

Some MUAs have a "reply to group" or "reply to list" feature which needs these headers. With my MUA this currently does not work for the hylafax-users list because it does not find any supported header.
My MUA needs a List-Post header (or one of some non-standard headers), others may need a List-Id header.

Bodo