[hylafax-users] Hylafax and old fax machines...

This is a strange item we're looking at:

We're faxing from a Brother Intellifax 1270 dating back from 1998 to a
Hylafax server using a US Robotics PCI modem (not a WinModem!).
Physically, they're next to each other.  They have seperate phone
lines (the Hylafax modem is off of a DSL line), though.

Don't ask me why they couldn't just scan to PDF.  Their Sharp
multifunction isn't supported in Linux.

The problem is that faxing from the Brother to the server only works
part of the time.  If someone dials up the Hylafax server and sends a
fax there (using a third party fax machine or Hylafax on a second
server) it works well... and strangely resets Hylafax or the modem
card so the Brother works with it for a few days.

I don't have ready physical access to the server, so any pointers to
ID the modem from using minicom will help.

--
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
http://strredwolf.furrynet.com