Re: [hylafax-users] Log file location

Consulsoft Limited wrote:

How do I check whether or not HylaFAX is having problems converting email
attachments prior to sending them as part of a fax? Is there a log that I
can check which follows through receiving the email, processing attachments,
then sending it to HylaFAX to send? If there is, where would I find it?

I'm trying to build an email to fax gateway, so I can send a PDF file to a
fax recipient simply by emailing it to the fax server. So far I can send an
email to the fax server and the body text of that email is faxed to the
number I specified.

However I can't make it fax a PDF file, or a TIFF file, and I don't know
where to check what's going wrong. The received fax just contains the
MIME-encoded version of the file. I have scripts in the mimetype directory
which I *think* are correctly named and operational, but I've no idea whether
Hylafax is even calling them or not.

You'll probably want to use 'faxmail -v' option and then watch the output. So you may need to just run it by hand once (by cat'ing an e-mail to it).

I find the 'how-to' quite brief for non-Linux people like me, and of course
now it's nearly working it's all the more frustrating..

In days to come faxmail won't be so frustrating out-of-the-box.