Re: [hylafax-users] Problem when sending from 2 fax on the same line at the same time

Am 2006.03.08 11:28 schrieb(en) David Losada:

The only thing I don't understand is that, if Hylafax is working as class1 (so is taking "directly" over the hardware modem) WHY HYLAFAX FAILS FIGURING OUT THAT THE LINE IS BUSY by checking the tone!

Hello David,

maybe you should show your configuration.
Your modem may be configured to not listen for a dialtone.

Here the first lines of the log (previous logs over the same fax reflects "no carrier detected". As you can see the REMOTE CSI is not the number dialed (the number was dialed, but we were sending another fax).

Did the receiver confirm that the fax was really sent to the wrong number? The remote CSI does not need to match the phone number.

An electronic switch or a PBX may help in your case.
There are little devices to connect two phones to one line. When the line signals a ring both phones will ring. The first phone you pick up will get connected to the line and the other one will be electronically cut off. It's the same when you dial out.

Bodo