Re: [hylafax-users] Unreliable fax services via VoIP connection

Darrick Hartman wrote:
Lucas Barbuto wrote:
Hi all,

My office is connected to the public phone network via a virtual PRI through our VoIP provider. I have two external modems connected to analogue ports on our PBX, both are used by Hylafax to receive incoming faxes. The software works exceptionally well in converting and dispatching messages, however, we have a lot of trouble receiving faxes.

VoIP is not ready for use with faxing. Do not use it. Get an analog line for fax.

I would guess it would depend on your personal experience. I used my voip for faxing all the time, never a problem. Certainly it would depend on the bandwidth you have available and how busy your network is.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

War never solved anything, well, except slavery, fascism and communism