Re: [hylafax-users] JBIG works / HylaFax can't see it

Mark Duling wrote:

Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 7:22
AM -0800 wrote:

The configure script is looking for jbig.h, and I don't think that it knows how to use CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, or LDFLAGS in doing that. I'll look into this, but in the meantime just enable it in config.h (or config.site following the config.h example).

By "enable it in config.h or config.site" I'm not sure what you mean. Could you be more specific? @HAVE_JBIG@ is all I see in config.h.in.

Define it like this:

/*
* JBIG library support
*/
#define HAVE_JBIG 1

Also, I noticed that it says:

Your expr is broken. It strips leading zeroes
This may cause problems with configure, faxsetup, & faxaddmodem
Perhaps there is an environment variable you can set
to get the desired behavior.

I don't know anything about this.

It would be great if the developers would set and use a DESTDIR variable
and use it and also throw in configure flags to allow setting each path
such as:

--with-htmldir=
--with-lockdir=
--with-spooldir=

Then it would be package manager friendly without hacking.

The original author designed this kind of customization through editing of config.site. This isn't to say that this suggestion isn't a good one, but only to say that the original design was different than this.

Thanks,