Re: [hylafax-users] JBIG works / HylaFax can't see it

Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 7:22
AM -0800 wrote:
>>But I still get:
>>
>>Checking for JBIG library support
>>... not found. Disabling JBIG support
>>
>>I am installing HylaFax as a DarwinPorts port also so my jbig.h file is
>in
>>/opt/local/include and I'm using these compiler flags, but no luck.
>>
>>CFLAGS="-I$/opt/local/include" \
>>CPPFLAGS="-I$/opt/local/include" \
>>LDFLAGS="-L$/opt/local/lib"
>>

>The configure script is looking for jbig.h, and I don't think that it
>knows how to use CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, or LDFLAGS in doing that.  I'll look
>into this, but in the meantime just enable it in config.h (or
>config.site following the config.h example).

Lee,

By "enable it in config.h or config.site" I'm not sure what you mean.
Could you be more specific?  @HAVE_JBIG@ is all I see in config.h.in.
Also, I noticed that it says:

Your expr is broken. It strips leading zeroes
This may cause problems with configure, faxsetup, & faxaddmodem
Perhaps there is an environment variable you can set
to get the desired behavior.
Reading site-wide parameters from ./config.site.

So I patched up the paths in config.site (rathr than just configure as
before) but it still doesn't see JBIG.  Here is what config.log says:

++ cat t.c
int t() { jbg_enc_init(); return 0; }
int main(){ t(); return 0; }
++ make -f confMakefile t
/usr/bin/gcc-4.0        -D__ANSI_CPP__ -I. -I. -I././regex -I. -I././util
-I/opt/local/include -O  t.c -ljbig
/usr/bin/ld: can't locate file for: -ljbig
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [t] Error 1

It would be great if the developers would set and use a DESTDIR variable
and use it and also throw in configure flags to allow setting each path
such as:

--with-htmldir=
--with-lockdir=
--with-spooldir=

Then it would be package manager friendly without hacking.

Mark