Re: [hylafax-users] voice and fax (sending only) on the same line

Ignacio Garcia wrote:

1.- If someone is talking on that same voice line hylafax will ignore it
and will try to send the fax (carrier detection not working???)

This is the modem. The modem should look for a dialtone before attempting to dial. Check your ModemDialCmd to make sure you don't have any X3 or X4 commands in there that would cause it to ignore whether or not dialtone is present.

2.- faxstat on that modem is always "Waiting for modem to come ready",
probably due to the fact that vgetty is blocking access to the line, yet
faxes can be sent.

I assume that you're not running faxgetty. This would be normal, then.

3.- After sending a fax, the first incoming voice call will be ignored
by vgetty, so the messaging system won't run until the following call.

I can't explain this, I suspect that you'll need to bring it up with the vgetty folks (Gert Doering).