Re: [hylafax-users] Postfix DNS MX question.. receiving mail. kinda OT

It probably would help other people so I don't think most people will object to continuing here.

Hope not :)

So postfix is serving what purpose to the internal users? Only intranet email?

I guess I should elaborate.. it isn't really serving any purpose to any internal users. The only "user" that will be sending email to this server is a webserver. (ASP.net, IIS6, win2k3...) Those emails will then be faxed out through the email2fax gateway part of hylafax.

I'm not sure what your entire network looks like. Until knowing that, we can only speculate.

I'm not sure what our "entire" network looks like either.. :) but judging by other experiences with our big IT department i'm not likely to get an MX record for this email server entered into our main DNS. Because of this i'm trying to find a way to get this to work without that MX record

You could have users send mail through the postfix server. (Set your postfix server as the smtp server on each client).

I already have an smtp server setup (another seperate windows box) for the webserver. anyway i could use it to possibly relay to the postfix server and have the postfix server only accept relays from that windows SMTP box?

Many thanks for your time and effort to help me address this issue.

Will