[hylafax-users] Postfix DNS MX question.. receiving mail. kinda OT

Hey group,
I know this is somewhat off topic but I need to find out if what I"m trying to do is possible.  thanks for reading this.

I have a Suse Enterprise 9 server running postfix on our intranet and am working on getting it setup as a mail to fax gateway using hylafax.  hylafax is up and running fine.   I've made the modifications to file to make postfix forward emails to hylafax to be faxed out to fax machines.

My problem now is that I'm not sure how to get postfix to accept mail being sent to it.  I don't need to have any email addresses that are available to the internet. (in fact i'd prefer they not be)  Currently there is no DNS or MX entry for the server.  do I HAVE to have one if the mail is coming from the same source every time?

please let me know if i'm not making any sense or if you need some more info..

thanks
Will

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions