Re: [hylafax-users] Upgraded to 4.2.5.2 and Blocked By Concurrent Problem

Robert McIntosh wrote:

I recently upgrade to Hylafax 4.2.5.2 <http://4.2.5.2> on RH9 with an rpm.
One problem: I have users who do a fair amount of successive faxing to the same number which causes the "Blocked By Concurrent Calls" state. Previously, hylafax would re-queue these, but will not now. There's no "time to send" in the job info for these blocked jobs.
With 4.2.5.2 <http://4.2.5.2>, hylafax does not seem to requeue them unless I restart the service.

Others have reported similar problems, but nobody has stuck through the debugging process for us to get it fixed, and I haven't been able to reproduce it.

Did you upgrade from 4.2.5 or from some earlier version (forgive me for not going back through the archives for this answer). Both 4.2.5.2 and 4.2.5 should be very much the same with respect to how faxq operates (at least I think so).

When you say that there's no "time to send" in the job info... do you mean there is no tts in the sendq file or that there is no tts listed in the faxstat output?

What does faxstat say? (I'm looking to see if those jobs are suspended or not.)

There was a somewhat recent change to faxq in how it handled blocked jobs after the blocking job completes. Before, those jobs would remain blocked until the blocking job completed and then one of them would be unblocked, the rest would remain blocked. Now, because we have batching support available, all of the blocked jobs are unblocked when the blocking job completes - which permits those jobs to be batched.