Re: [hylafax-users] Can't receive faxes.

Lee Howard wrote:
Erik P. Olsen wrote:

My old reliable modem, Lasat Safire 288, died suddenly and assuming I found a suitable replacement, I bought a Trust 56K V92 external modem. However, it turned out to be a very louzy modem. It can send faxes, but they go at a very low speed and when receiving it stops with a strange error.

Attached is the session transcript of such failure. I would appreciate if someone could tell me what I can do to make this modem behave.

Hi, Lee, Thanks for answering.

Dec 13 14:32:08.56: [ 3696]: <-- [9:AT+FRS=7\r] Dec 13 14:32:38.55: [ 3696]: MODEM <Timeout>

I presume that you find "failure to receive silence" to be "a strange error".

This probably indicates that the +FRS/+FTS commands are invalid for your modem. That's unfortunate.

In your modem config file set the following:

I am confused. I have in /var/spool/hylafax/etc the files config and config.ttyS0 and none contain lines with +FRS and +FTS. Which config files are you referring to?

If it's file class1 in subdirectory config I had the lines changed as per your advice but to no avail. The changes were not picked up by hylafax.

Class1PPMWaitCmd: "<delay:7>" Class1TCFWaitCmd: "<delay:7>" Class1EOPWaitCmd: "<delay:9>" Class1SwitchingCmd: "<delay:7>"

Is there a way in linux to send AT commands to the modem from a terminal and get the answer back on the terminal? I think I need to find out what that modem can do and what it can't.

Then please send one of the session logs describing the "slow" sending problem.

I'll look at this problem after the receive problem is solved.

Regards,
Erik p. Olsen