Re: [hylafax-users] show only substring of the destination fax number in coverpage

Sorry for my mis-interpretation.
Yes i am using sendfax command. which option should i use to specify the displaynumber in coverpage. thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Howard [mailto:faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 3:03 PM
To: KY Lui
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] show only substring of the destination fax
number in coverpage

KY Lui wrote:

>I have tried the following rules in DisplayNumber to covert sth (0123456789*12345 to 0123456789) but it doesn't work

What client software are you using? Not sendfax, I presume. The
DisplayNumber information is to be set by the client program.

The server only uses dialrules to produce a canonical form (for the info
files) and to produce a modem dialstring. The "DisplayNumber" is used by
the sendfax client in instructing hfaxd on how to present the number
afterwards.

If you're not using sendfax then you'll have to refer to the
documentation for the client program that you are using to see how (or
if) it utilizes the JPARM EXTERNAL command.