[hylafax-users] **ANNOUNCE** Third 4.2.5 release candidate now available

Folks,

The third release candidate of HylaFAX 4.2.5 is now available at:

ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/source/BETA/hylafax-4.2.5rc3.tar.gz

The changes since yesterday's 4.2.5rc2 are:

* change notify to not rely on echo -e (BUG 724) (11 Jan 2005)
* add prototype config catch for Digicom Leonardo modems (11 Jan 2005)

Sincerest thanks to Jean-Pierre and Filippo for bringing those to our attention!

As always, we'd be grateful if as many people as possible could download, compile, install and test this as soon as possible. If no major problems are found, this will finally become an official 4.2.5 release late tomorrow, or early Friday!

I've attached a diff file between 4.2.4 and 4.2.5rc1, between 4.2.5rc1 and 4.2.5rc2 and between 4.2.5rc2 and 4.2.5rc3 for those who may wish to patch a local copy, or simply want some insight into what we changed.

Just another reminder that nightly CVS snapshots are available at:

ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/source/hylafax-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz

for the sake of anyone who would like to download and experiment with the current develoment version of HylaFAX (CVS HEAD). Snapshots are generated at 1:30 AM Pacific time each morning. If you find problems with CVS HEAD, we encourage you to report them to the hylafax-devel mailing list, or file them on the HylaFAX bugzilla at http://bugs.hylafax.org/. Once the 4.2.5 release has been finalized developers will again begin making changes to CVS HEAD (it's currently frozen pending release). You can get notifications as changes are committed to CVS by subscribing to the hylafax-devel mailing list.

-Darren