[hylafax-users] **ANNOUNCE** Second 4.2.5 release candidate now available

Folks,

The second release candidate of HylaFAX 4.2.5 is now available at:

ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/source/BETA/hylafax-4.2.5rc2.tar.gz

The changes since yesterday's 4.2.5rc1 are relatively minor cleanups:

* make sure probemodem removes lock files (BUG 691) (9 Jan 2005)
* portability cleanup to MemoryDecoder.c++ (BUG 224) (9 Jan 2005)

As before, we'd be grateful if as many people as possible could download,
compile, install and test this as soon as possible so that we can make sure we
don't issue another broken release. If no major problems are found, this will
become an official 4.2.5 release late tomorrow, or early Thursday.

I've attached a diff file between 4.2.4 and 4.2.5rc1, and between 4.2.5rc1
and 4.2.5rc2 for those who may wish to patch a local copy, or simply want
some insight into what we changed.

Finally, just a reminder that nightly CVS snapshots are available at:

ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/source/hylafax-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz

for the sake of anyone who would like to download and experiment with the
current develoment version of HylaFAX (CVS HEAD). Snapshots are
generated at 1:30 AM Pacific time each morning. If you find problems with
CVS HEAD, we encourage you to report them to the hylafax-devel mailing
list, or file them on the HylaFAX bugzilla at http://bugs.hylafax.org/.

-Darren