Re: [hylafax-users] Multitech modem and distinctive ring

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 06:23:20PM -0400, George Bell wrote:

> > When I issue AT+VDR=? command, it gives (0,1),(0-255). So DR indeed
> > works, although I am not sure what (0-255) mean.
> >

> The second parameter is the delay(in units of tenths of seconds I think)
> before a distinctive ring is reported.  A distinctive ring is composed
> of a series of ringing times and "quiet" times.  This number tells the
> modem how long to wait before deciding the distinctive ring is over and
> report the distinctive ring pattern to the DTE.  It should be longer
> than the longest "quiet" time that can be found in any distinctive rings
> you might receive.  But it shouldn't be too long either to unnecessarily
> delay receiving the data.  In U.S. in most cases a value of 10 is good.
> So to set this value you'd issue "AT+VDR=1,10.  You can either set this
> permanently in the modem (w/ &W1 ? not sure)  or set it every time
> hylafax initializes the modem with this line in your config.ttyXX :
>
> ModemResetCmds:	AT+VDR=1,10
>
> If you want hylafax to just completely ignore your voice calls you
> should also set:
>
> NoAnswerVoice:	true
>

> Good luck,
> George

Thank you very much! This is really very useful information.

BTW Multitech support told me about AT command list manual for their
modems. Here is the link:

http://www.multitech.com/DOCUMENTS/Collateral/manuals/S000272E.pdf

HylaFAX list members may find it useful.

Best regards,

---
Amal
Houston, Texas