Re: [hylafax-users] Multitech modem and distinctive ring

> When I issue AT+VDR=? command, it gives (0,1),(0-255). So DR indeed
> works, although I am not sure what (0-255) mean.

The second parameter is the delay(in units of tenths of seconds I think)
before a distinctive ring is reported.  A distinctive ring is composed
of a series of ringing times and "quiet" times.  This number tells the
modem how long to wait before deciding the distinctive ring is over and
report the distinctive ring pattern to the DTE.  It should be longer
than the longest "quiet" time that can be found in any distinctive rings
you might receive.  But it shouldn't be too long either to unnecessarily
delay receiving the data.  In U.S. in most cases a value of 10 is good.
So to set this value you'd issue "AT+VDR=1,10.  You can either set this
permanently in the modem (w/ &W1 ? not sure)  or set it every time
hylafax initializes the modem with this line in your config.ttyXX :

ModemResetCmds:	AT+VDR=1,10

If you want hylafax to just completely ignore your voice calls you
should also set:

NoAnswerVoice:	true

Good luck,
George