Re: [hylafax-users] Multitech modem and distinctive ring

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 18:15 -0500, Amal Phadke wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> 	I have a Multitech modem "MT5634ZPX-PCI-NV Internal Data/Fax
> Modem Version 8.19i". Does anyone know if it supports Distinctive Ring
> (DR)? This one is a "No Voice" modem. I didn't get a response from
> Multitech to my email about this.
>
> 	If it supports distinctive rings, has anyone been successfully
> using the modem and DR with HylaFAX in the US?

Yes, with a MT5634ZPX-PCI.  I'm not sure about a MT5634ZPX-PCI-NV.  You
can find out though by pointing minicom at the tty where your modem
lives and issue the command "AT+VDR?"  This will give the possible
values for the parameter if the modem suports it, and just "0" or
"error" if it doesn't.  B.T.W. hylafax will work nicely for voice calls
as well if you can install the vgetty package.

George