Re: [hylafax-users] sent fax notification <=> kolab/postix

Bodo Meissner wrote:
> Am 2005.05.18 17:57 schrieb(en) Georg Lerch:

> It will create an empty file /tmp/notify.log or nothing.

well, with my first script after the editing of the notify scritp it said:
sendmail: fatal: open /kolab/etc/postfix/main.cf: Permission denied

Which was easy to correct.

Now it sends an email to FaxMaster with
subject: job to done
and a single line in the body:
no transcript available

> You should learn some Shell script programming.

Yes, I should.

> The best place to add this is after the comment block at the beginning
> of the script. (It can be anywhere above the first command but below
> the "#!/bin/sh" line)

done
> "exec >>..." redirects all output to the log file, appending it if the
> file already exists. "set -x" instructs the shell to print every
> command before executing it. The log file should contain all command
> executed from notify (except function bodies) and all error messages.
> If you find an error message after a function call you may want to add
> "set -x" in the function body.

The notify.log is now empty

-rw-r--r--    1 uucp     uucp            0 May 23 14:47 notify.log

Looks not too good, doesn't it ?

I've checked. The faxes arrive!

> Bodo

Regards,