Re: [hylafax-users] sent fax notification <=> kolab/postix

Am 2005.05.18 17:57 schrieb(en) Georg Lerch:

I wrote:
> To debug the notify script you can add something like that:
>

> exec >> /tmp/notify.log 2>&1
> set -x
>
> after the comment block in notify.

which comment block ? I've added it at the end of the script. I'll
test what happens

It will create an empty file /tmp/notify.log or nothing.

You should learn some Shell script programming.

The best place to add this is after the comment block at the beginning of the script. (It can be anywhere above the first command but below the "#!/bin/sh" line)

"exec >>..." redirects all output to the log file, appending it if the file already exists. "set -x" instructs the shell to print every command before executing it. The log file should contain all command executed from notify (except function bodies) and all error messages.
If you find an error message after a function call you may want to add "set -x" in the function body.

Bodo