[hylafax-users] I tried any possibile solutions but TIF/PDF unreadable always!

Hi folks,
I'm trying to setup a new FreeBSD box (5.3) and it's not the first time.

I installed hylafax (4.2.1) from the ports and everything went smooth.
I can send, receive perfectly, print on local print (tiff2ps -a $FILE | lpr)

But...

All the fax received, when sent to any email address through FaxDispatch (FILETYPE=pdf; SENDTO=emailaddress;) cannot be opened.
No matter which file format (TIF or PDF), they are in their dimensions (example 45KB) but they cannot be opened (I used 7 different TIF graphic software on Win to try to open them, without success).

Then...

I went on the mailing list and search search search...
I tried about 4 solutions, including latest in chronologic order, this :
http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2005-04/msg00023.php

When I apply this above, all the attachment become 1KB only.

It's the first time I have this problem.
Always in linux, run out-of-the-setup smoothly.
No problem of encoding.

I really don't know where to look.
Just checked 4 years of mailing list archive without success!

ANy help
Thank you very much
David