[hylafax-users] The usual merging text files and letterhead files question.

Hi,

 I'm running hylafax 4.1.8... under SUSE 9 (Novell edition, but not
running novell services).
I can use sendfax fine.

I have a cups print que with a script which is supposed to being merging
my incoming text file
with a eps file containing an image of my company's letterhead.

I have the usual script lifted from the examples on www.hylafax.org in
particular how to do
this on an AS400...

I'm a linux newbie and am trying to verify each step of the script
execution.
It doesn't work and it appears it is not properly processing the incoming
text file.

Here are the first few lines of the script:

#!/bin/sh
set  -x

Jobnumber=$1 ;shift;
Username=$1 ;shift;
Title=$1 ;shift;
NumberOfCopies=$1 ;shift;
Options=$1 ;shift;

cat  $@ > /tmp/as.$$

and more follows...
I can never find any trace of as.$$ in the /tmp/ folder.
1) How can I verify what file is being passed in?
 2) Is the above syntax correct for SUSE?
3) what does the set -x do?

Thanks for helping a shell newbie!
Charles